- It all started in the year 1979 when a group of three young social entrepreneurs were looking forward to do something purposeful and productive. Having strong roots in the teaching profession, they decided to start a school. They dreamt about children having rock-strong Edu-foundation. From several learnings, they arrived at the word Cephas, an Aramaic appellation meaning ROCK translated into Greek as PETROS, into Latin as PETRUS, into English as PETER and symbolized by a pair of overlapping keys as if it were to open the doors of Knowledge and Wisdom; it was decided to name the group as St.Peter’s.
Beginning with a very humble start of 179 students up to Class V, St.Peter’s has grown owing to its steadfast values and morals, giving prime importance to provide “ world class education within the reach of all”. Today, St.Peter’s Group of Educational Institutions (SPEI)are trendsetters in the arenas of School Education, Teacher Education, Pharmaceutical Education, Engineering, Research and Development through its institutions such as
- St.Peter’s Engineering College
- St.Peter’s Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- St.Peter’s College of Education
- St.Peter’s High School (affiliated to TelanganaState board)
- St.Peter’s International Residential School (affiliated to CBSE)
SPEI educates annually over 10,000+ students in different streams, providing a forum for over 1500 immaculate professionals to facilitate this unparalleled Edu-journey.